You can browse PLASSON’s websites, view content, and enjoy many features without any personal information being collected. We do not require personal information for you to use our products or gain access to our websites. However, you will not be able to utilise certain features that require registration, or receive materials such as newsletters, unless such information is provided. Further, our ability to meet our obligations to you or to process any request or application may be adversely affected if you do not give us the requested personal information, or if the information you give us is incomplete or inaccurate.
What type of personal information do we collect and how?
The information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect other demographic information such as date of birth, gender, interests, hobbies and preferences, and combine this with your personal information. If you purchase products or services online, you will be required to provide additional information such as a valid credit card details and postage and billing address. Please note that depending on the PLASSON website you are visiting, many of the activities listed above may not be available and as such personal information may not be collected.
We will only collect personal information from you when you knowingly and voluntarily provide us with information, including when you:
1. Register or provide information on our websites;
2. Purchase products or services from us;
3. Enter into a promotion, sweepstake or contest;
4. Participate in a program, poll, online game, message board, survey or questionnaire;
5. Subscribe to our mailing list, or sign up to receive our newsletters or other materials, including promotional materials;
6. Send us questions or request information about products, services, offers or features;
7. Request or receive customer or technical support; or
8. Apply for employment with us.
How do we use and disclose personal information?
You acknowledge and consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information in
circumstances that are:
2. Clearly explained to you at the time the information is collected from you; or
3. Required or permitted by law.
We may use the personal information that you give to us:
1. to improve our products, services or internal processes;
2. for reasonable business purposes including customer service, record-keeping, transaction and order fulfilment, marketing, research, auditing our internal operations, and to resolve product satisfaction claims;
3. to provide you with products, services, newsletters or information that you have requested;
4. to send you occasional offers or information on products or services that we consider may be of interest to you, or features, offers, promotions, contests, events, new products, enhancements, newsletters, information on functional changes to our websites or policies, or other information about PLASSON; or
5. for any other purpose that is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
We may disclose personal information that we collect from you to a third party:
1. to meet the purpose for which it was collected including to provide you with products, services or prizes;
2. if we have your consent to disclose the information;
3. to assist with internal website support operations, including online product fulfilment, email services or technical support;
4. if we are required or permitted by law to disclose the information, including for example to comply with a court order or regulatory investigation;
5. in the event of a merger, acquisition or any other change in ownership of all or a portion of PLASSON’s business (in which case your personal information may be transferred to the new owner so that the business can continue its operations);
6. to protect the safety and security of our customers and our websites;
7. to enable us to deal with any concern, issue or complaint you have raised with us, including disclosing details of any such matter to PLASSON’s related bodies corporate overseas and also to professional advisors and service providers; or
8. if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that organisation for marketing and research purposes, but only if that disclosure was disclosed to you at or before the time of collection.
PLASSON allows you to tell us the way in which you would like us to use your personal information. At the time you provide personal information, PLASSON may give you the option of declining further offers or information. In addition, materials sent to you by PLASSON will give you the ability to unsubscribe.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
We may deal with third parties, such as service providers or related bodies corporate that are located overseas. As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to a recipient in a foreign country, including but not limited to countries of the European Union and the United States of America. We will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before disclosing personal information to an overseas recipient to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to that information.
Security, Accuracy and Access
We will take reasonable technical and organisational steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is:
1. accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading;
2. stored in a secure environment; and
3. protected from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible by using the contact details below so we can maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However please appreciate that despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable due to the nature of email and the internet, and we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of your personal information.
You have a right to access any personal information we hold about you. We will comply with any request to access your personal information except where the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows us to refuse to do so. There is no fee for requesting to access your personal information, but we may charge a fee for giving you access to your personal information in a mutually agreed format, usually by sighting the accessible information held on file.
You also have a right to ask us to correct personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date irrelevant or misleading. If we refuse to correct your personal information as requested by you, we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to do so) and, upon request from you, we will attach a note recording the correction that you sought to the relevant information, so that it can always be read with that information.
You may also request that we delete your personal information. We will comply with your request unless we are required by law to keep the information. Any requests for access to, or correction of, your personal information should be made directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In every case where we receive a request to either correct or delete personal information concerning you, we will inform you of the action taken as a result of that request (whether or not the request is granted).
We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information from you. We will not disclose sensitive information (such as information about your health, racial or ethical origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in circumstances permitted under Australian or New Zealand privacy legislation.
Each time you visit any of our websites our server collects some anonymous information, known as clickstream data, including the type of browser and system you are using, the address of the website you have come from and move to after your visit, the date and time of your visit, and your server’s IP address.
We may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve any of our websites’ performance, or as necessary to investigate or report any suspected unlawful activity, as required or permitted by law or as reasonably necessary for the activity of an enforcement body.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, some pages in the site may not work properly.
Cookies are either persistent or session based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiry date, and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing site. Session cookies are short-lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
Our sites use both kinds of cookies to provide a rich and session-based experience. The cookies are used to enable us to track anonymised users’ browsing patterns in order to provide statistical information to improve the usability of the sites.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also contact us at:
PLASSON Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 6163, Alexandria NSW 2015
Ph: 1300 752 776
We will consider and respond to any complaint notified to us within a reasonable time. We will always endeavour to answer your questions efficiently and correctly and try to resolve any complaint you may have about our privacy handling procedures to your satisfaction.
In case of dissatisfaction you may decide to contact the Privacy Commissioner in the relevant jurisdiction:
Australia Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 1042
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Privacy Commissioner Privacy Commissioner of NZGPO
PO Box 10094
The Terrace Wellington 6143
Telephone: 0800 803 909