Install PLASSON 1/2” – 2” Rural Fittings in four easy steps:
Ensure the surface of the pipe being inserted is free of scratches and other imperfections
Ensure both the end of the pipe and the fitting itself are clean of sand, mud, stones, etc
Do not over tighten the nut – this can spread the nut cone and result in pull outs
When fittings are reused it is crucial to replace the grip ring to avoid pipe blow outs.
PLASSON’S Universal Slip Repair Coupling can repair a variety of different pipes, sizes, or can join together two separate pipe materials. The pipe is quick and easy to fit and it can freely slide back and forth before being tightened in the desired position. The repair coupling provides a watertight seal within the system, with the seal compression increasing as the pressure increases.
This impressive design is built to last 50 years, providing high impact strength and stress resistance.
- Suits a variety of plastic and metal pipe materials
- Each fitting designed to fit a wide range of diameters
- Zero force pipe insertion – can slide freely back and forth
- Thick o-ring seal – compensates for poor pipe quality
- Seal compression increases as pressure increases
- Robust PP body and nut – high impact strength and stress resistance
- Long sealing area – can bridge over damaged section or gap between pipes
- Total reliability – PN16, designed to last 50 years Suitable for all cold water applications up to 45º
PLASSON Poly-to-Copper compression fittings are specially designed to connect new polyethylene pipe to traditional copper pipe work
These fittings have a copper nut at one end and a black nut at the other. The copper nut connects to the copper pipe and the black nut to the polyethylene pipe.
How to install Poly-to-Copper fittings:
- Prepare the pipe ends – cut straight, chamfer and lubricate
- Release copper nut half a turn
- Place a witness mark 6 cms from deburred pipe end on 15mm (1/2”) and 7cms on 20mm (3/4”) copper tube
- Insert lightly lubricated copper pipe until the witness mark on the pipe reaches the end of the nut
- Firmly hand tighten and then a further ¾ turn using spanner or similar
- Repeat process with black nut inserting into polyethylene pipe
PLASSON began over 50 years ago and has grown into a global family of over 2,000 people.
Our Australian team is based all over the country. From Kalgoorlie to Cairns, Toowoomba to Tassie, we have PLASSON people on hand to help.
PLASSON are constantly working on new things but we will never change our commitment to excellence, service and support.
61 Dunning Avenue
Rosebery NSW 2018
25 Business Park Drive
Ravenhall VIC 3023
49 Distribution Street
Larapinta QLD 4110
CONNECT WITH US: 1300 752 776